Representing Disabled Clients for Over 25 Years

Social Security Lawyer

Donald H. Peters


Percentage Fee

Only If You Win!

What other things do we consider when we evaluate your chronic renal disease under specific listings?

  1. Chronic hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis (6.02A). A report from an acceptable medical source describing the chronic renal disease and the need for ongoing dialysis is sufficient to satisfy the requirements in 6.02A.
  2. Kidney transplantation (6.02B). If you have undergone kidney transplantation, we will consider you to be disabled for 12 months following the surgery because, during the first year, there is a greater likelihood of rejection of the organ and recurrent infection. After the first year posttransplantation, we will base our continuing disability evaluation on your residual impairment(s). We will include absence of symptoms, signs, and laboratory findings indicative of kidney dysfunction in our consideration of whether medical improvement (as defined in §§404.1579(b)(1) and (c)(1), 404.1594(b)(1) and (c)(1), 416.994(b)(1)(i) and (b)(2)(i), or 416.994a, as appropriate) has occurred. We will consider the:

    a. Occurrence of rejection episodes.

    b. Side effects of immunosuppressants, including corticosteroids.

    c. Frequency of any renal infections.

    d. Presence of systemic complications such as other infections, neuropathy, or deterioration of other organ systems.

  3. Renal osteodystrophy (6.02C1). This condition is bone deterioration resulting from chronic renal disease. The resultant bone disease includes the impairments described in 6.02C1.
  4. Persistent motor or sensory neuropathy (6.02C2). The longitudinal clinical record must show that the neuropathy is a “severe” impairment as defined in §§404.1520(c) and 416.920(c) that has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of at least 12 months.
  5. Nephrotic syndrome (6.06). The longitudinal clinical record should include a description of prescribed therapy, response to therapy, and any side effects of therapy. In order for your nephrotic syndrome to meet 6.06A or B, the medical evidence must document that you have the appropriate laboratory findings required by these listings and that your anasarca has persisted for at least 3 months despite prescribed therapy. However, we will not delay adjudication if we can make a fully favorable determination or decision based on the evidence in your case record. We may also evaluate complications of your nephrotic syndrome, such as orthostatic hypotension, recurrent infections, or venous thromboses, under the appropriate listing for the resultant impairment.

Call Now!

If you wish to hire a licensed Attorney to help win your claim, call Social Security Professionals.

Call Social Security Professionals now to discuss your claim for free!

You need no money to hire Attorney Donald H. Peters

(248) 549-3485

Call Social Security Professionals now to discuss your claim for free

You need no money to hire Attorney Donald H. Peters

(248) 549-3485

Southfield Lawyer Donald Peters of the Law Office of Donald H. Peters, P.C. in Southfield, Michigan, handles Social Security Disability claims throughout Michigan and in the Tri-County Metro Detroit area including Detroit, Southfield, Novi, Warren, Royal Oak, Roseville, Livonia, Mount Clemens, Sterling Heights, Farmington Hills, Birmingham, Berkley, Oak Park, West Bloomfield, Ann Arbor, Eastpointe, Waterford, Flint, Canton, Taylor, Romulus, Westland, Clinton Township, Troy, Dearborn, Brighton, Howell, Pontiac, Rochester Hills,  as well as Wayne County, Oakland County, Macomb County, Ingham County, and Livingston County, Michigan.


Material presented on the Social Security Professionals website is intended for general informational purposes only.  It is not intended as professional advice in any manner and should not be construed as such.  Individuals should never act upon any information provided in a website except that you should seek the advice of an Attorney. 

For the most up to date content regarding Social Security Disability please reference the Social Security Administration's website.

You may call Social Security Professionals and discuss your claim for free at:

(248) 549-3485