Representing Disabled Clients for Over 25 Years

Social Security Lawyer

Donald H. Peters


Percentage Fee

Only If You Win!

What evidence do we need?

  1. We need a longitudinal record of your medical history that includes records of treatment, response to treatment, hospitalizations, and laboratory evidence of renal disease that indicates its progressive nature. The laboratory or clinical evidence will indicate deterioration of renal function, such as elevation of serum creatinine.
  2. We generally need a longitudinal clinical record covering a period of at least 3 months of observations and treatment, unless we can make a fully favorable determination or decision without it. The record should include laboratory findings, such as serum creatinine or serum albumin values, obtained on more than one examination over the 3‑month period.
  3. When you are undergoing dialysis, we should have laboratory findings showing your renal function before you started dialysis.
  4. The medical evidence establishing the clinical diagnosis of nephrotic syndrome must include a description of the extent of edema, including pretibial, periorbital, or presacral edema. The medical evidence should describe any ascites, pleural effusion, or pericardial effusion. Levels of serum albumin and proteinuria must be included.
  5. If a renal biopsy has been performed, the evidence should include a copy of the report of the microscopic examination of the specimen. However, if we do not have a copy of the microscopic examination in the evidence, we can accept a statement from an acceptable medical source that a biopsy was performed, with a description of the results.
  6. The medical evidence documenting congenital genitourinary impairments should include treating physician records, operative reports, and hospital records. It should describe the frequency of your episodes, prescribed treatment, laboratory findings, and any surgical procedures performed.

Call Now!

If you wish to hire a licensed Attorney to help win your claim, call Social Security Professionals.

Call Social Security Professionals now to discuss your claim for free!

You need no money to hire Attorney Donald H. Peters

(248) 549-3485

Call Social Security Professionals now to discuss your claim for free

You need no money to hire Attorney Donald H. Peters

(248) 549-3485

Southfield Lawyer Donald Peters of the Law Office of Donald H. Peters, P.C. in Southfield, Michigan, handles Social Security Disability claims throughout Michigan and in the Tri-County Metro Detroit area including Detroit, Southfield, Novi, Warren, Royal Oak, Roseville, Livonia, Mount Clemens, Sterling Heights, Farmington Hills, Birmingham, Berkley, Oak Park, West Bloomfield, Ann Arbor, Eastpointe, Waterford, Flint, Canton, Taylor, Romulus, Westland, Clinton Township, Troy, Dearborn, Brighton, Howell, Pontiac, Rochester Hills,  as well as Wayne County, Oakland County, Macomb County, Ingham County, and Livingston County, Michigan.


Material presented on the Social Security Professionals website is intended for general informational purposes only.  It is not intended as professional advice in any manner and should not be construed as such.  Individuals should never act upon any information provided in a website except that you should seek the advice of an Attorney. 

For the most up to date content regarding Social Security Disability please reference the Social Security Administration's website.

You may call Social Security Professionals and discuss your claim for free at:

(248) 549-3485