Representing Disabled Clients for Over 25 Years

Social Security Lawyer

Donald H. Peters


Percentage Fee

Only If You Win!

Page 5

If the Administrative Law Judge denies my claim, can I appeal any more?

Yes.  You can appeal to the Appeals Council.

What is the Appeals Council?

The Appeals Council exists to review Administrative Law Judge decisions. The Appeals Council is located in Falls Church, Virginia, and neither the claimant nor the Attorney sees the people at the Appeals Council who are working on the case.

Can I appeal a case beyond Social Security to the Federal Courts?

Yes.   After being denied by the Appeals Council, it is possible for a claimant to file a civil action in the United States District Court, requesting review of Social Security's decision.  A Social Security Disability claim can go all the way to the Supreme Court.  Note that a non-attorney representative cannot file or appear in U.S. District Court.  Only licensed Attorneys may do this.

If I get on Social Security Disability benefits and get to feeling better and want to return to work, can I return to work?

Certainly you can return to work. Social Security wants individuals drawing disability benefits to return to work and gives them every encouragement to do so.   SSA allows trial work periods during which a Claimant may attempt to work for a certain amount of time and still receive benefits in the event his or her work attempt ultimately fails.

Where can I go to get help with my Social Security disability claim?

You can call  Attorney Donald H. Peters at Social Security Professionals at to discuss your claim for free.  You can also call a State Bar Association or NOSSCR for a referral to a Social Security Attorney.

Do I really have to hire a lawyer to represent me in my Social Security disability claim?

No.  However, statistically,  claimants who are represented by an Attorney win a good deal more often than those who are not represented.  Can you cross-examine a Vocational Expert who testifies against you??

How do lawyers who represent Social Security Disability claimants get paid?

In almost all cases, the Attorney receives 25% of the back benefits if the claimant wins and no fee if the claimant loses.   The Government withholds 25% of your past benefits to pay your Attorney.   After paying your attorney directly, the Government will then release the remainder of the funds to you.   At Social Security Professionals, you need no money to hire an Attorney.  Call Attorney Donald H. Peters to discuss your claim for free at (248) 549-3485.

Can alcoholics and drug addicts really get Social Security disability benefits?

Not by reason of alcoholism or drug addiction.  However, alcoholics and drug addicts can suffer from other disabling addictions that can make them eligible for Social Security Disability and or SSI.


Call Now!

If you wish to hire a licensed Attorney to help win your claim, call Social Security Professionals.

Call Social Security Professionals now to discuss your claim for free!

You need no money to hire Attorney Donald H. Peters

(248) 549-3485

Southfield Lawyer Donald Peters of the Law Office of Donald H. Peters, P.C. in Southfield, Michigan, handles Social Security Disability claims throughout Michigan and in the Tri-County Metro Detroit area including Detroit, Southfield, Novi, Warren, Royal Oak, Roseville, Livonia, Mount Clemens, Sterling Heights, Farmington Hills, Birmingham, Berkley, Oak Park, West Bloomfield, Ann Arbor, Eastpointe, Waterford, Flint, Canton, Taylor, Romulus, Westland, Clinton Township, Troy, Dearborn, Brighton, Howell, Pontiac, Rochester Hills,  as well as Wayne County, Oakland County, Macomb County, Ingham County, and Livingston County, Michigan.


Material presented on the Social Security Professionals website is intended for general informational purposes only.  It is not intended as professional advice in any manner and should not be construed as such.  Individuals should never act upon any information provided in a website except that you should seek the advice of an Attorney. 

For the most up to date content regarding Social Security Disability please reference the Social Security Administration's website.

You may call Social Security Professionals and discuss your claim for free at:

(248) 549-3485